What: 5km race Series – Open to all runners – Team and Solo Options. Sponsored by Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management, Jersey
Where – The Freedom Tree, Jardin De La Mer, St Helier , Jersey
Solo Race 5k Series – £60
Team Entry – £240
Now in its seventh year, the Corporate Cup, sponsored by Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management, is a 5km race series aimed at all workplaces based in Jersey. This series is designed to help businesses promote and encourage a healthy way of life to all its employees, thus adding more scope and depth to existing health promotion protocols. Runners can compete as part of a team or as individuals.
Running is one of the cheapest and easiest sports to get involved with. We are aiming to promote running as a healthy and enjoyable activity to everyone, encouraging mixed, mens, and ladies teams into a fun but competitive event.
This series will act as a cost effective team building activity that is open to everyone in your business.
Race Promo Video
The series will consist of six 5km races, five of which will take place on a Wednesday of each consecutive month at 12.45pm, allowing people to fit the run into their lunch break. The final race and presentation will take place at 17.45. There will be no time cut off so if people want to race, jog, walk or crawl everyone will be made welcome (as long as they get back to work in time!).
Reserves/replacements to teams can be made if a team member cannot make one of the events. The replacement runners must be from the same business (can be visiting employee). Please use one of your spare numbers. You do not need to inform race organisers.
All races will start from near the Freedom Tree alongside Radisson Blu and finish at Jardin de la Mer.
Teams must be ready 10 minutes before race start times
Our chosen Charity – JSAD
The Corporate Cup will be supporting Jersey Sports Association For The Disabled. Teams are encouraged to raise sponsorship money if possible and can use the Race Nation site for making donations. In addition £40 from each team entry / £10 from each individual will go to the JSAD to help support them in their fantastic work.
Teams, Individuals and prizes
The Corporate Cup is a team based event but individuals are also welcome to enter and run alongside the teams.
During the course of the season, teams will accumulate points from each race, with the best three race times counting towards the overall results. All times for both teams and individuals will be communicated after each race. The final race of the series will not count to the team standings but will determine the fastest male and fastest female runners, with prizes being awarded accordingly.
The team event will be split into three categories: Mens; Ladies and; Mixed with a Corporate Cup Trophy to be won in each. Teams will be made up of four people (mixed teams must include at least one runner from the opposite gender) from the same company/business. There will also be Corporate Cups awarded to the first man and the first lady in the individual race (final race of the series).
Entries will be accepted after the series has commenced but three separate race results are needed to take part in the race series standings
Race Number / Tshirt Collection
Please collect numbers and t-shirts on TBC from Canaccord Genuity, 37 Esplanade.
PLEASE READ RULES AND CONDITIONS BEFORE ENTERING.
1. Runners in The Canaccord Genuity Corporate Cup must be at least 16 years of age on the day of the race.
2. Teams will be made up of four runners each of whom must run the entire 5km course.
3. It is the responsibility of Team Captains to ensure each runner is displaying their number on the front of their attire.
4. Failure to display the correct race number on the front of each runner will result in the runner and therefore the team being disqualified.
5. Runners are not permitted to bring or to use on the course any transport (including but not limited to roller skates, cycles, or baby joggers), animals or musical equipment.
6. Runners must obtain written permission from an official should they wish to bring or use any apparatus, item or equipment on the course.
7. All entry fees are non-refundable and the organisers retain the right to refuse entry to anyone declaring false information on their entry form, not making the required payment, or otherwise failing to meet the stated entry requirements.
8. All participants take part at their own risk, and a declaration releasing and discharging all claims against and indemnifying the organisers and any party acting on behalf of the organisers must be completed by all entrants.
9. There is no official time limit for The Corporate Cup.
10. Participants must retire from the race if requested to do so by an official and must comply with all decisions of and directions given by an official.
11. The event organisers reserve the right to modify, supplement or waive all of the Official Rules. Participants shall be bound by any modifications or supplement of the Official Rules published prior to the event.