St Helier, Jersey, Channel Isles
07797827383
paul@trailmonkeyjersey.com

COVID-19 / Coronavirus

March 24th 2020:

We have sent out an email out yesterday to all runners taking part in the Double Top Ultra in May 2020: 

“Good Morning

I just wanted to let you know our position regarding the Double Top Ultra on May 2nd. I have been monitoring the UK Government advice and also that of the States of Jersey and have been hoping in my heart of hearts that this would play out and things would blow over in time for the race.

I think it is now time to accept that this is probably not going to happen and things are much more likely to go on for longer than first anticipated, and in light of this I have decided to postpone this race to September 19th 2020. Hopefully this will give us enough time for the Coronavirus events to play out and for some kind of normality to return. I will of course keep on monitoring the guidance and advice with the ultimate goal of your health and wellbeing being the priority as well as minimising the risk of spreading this virus.

You have the following options:

1 – You can defer entry to this date of 19th September 2020 or:
2 – You can defer entry price to the Double Top race in 2021 or any other Trail Monkey event in 2020 or 2021

Please bear with us in these crazy times, obviously in an ideal world the race would go ahead in May, but due to the severity of this situation that none of us predicted even a couple of weeks ago we are in a different world. We are a small business and will make this right to each and every one of you I can assure you and as well as this I will definitely be organising some more social events once we are back up and running and back to some semblance of normality.

Relay teams please be sure to pass this on to the other runners in your team as this mailing sysem only emails the primary email on the race registration.

What to do next

Please email me by return email and let me know what you would like to do and I will then update my records and send acknowledgement of your decision.

Thanks and please let me know if you have any queries or concerns relating to this

Stay Safe

Paul Burrows”

 

March 20th 2020:

We have sent the following email out to all runners taking part in the Batterie Moltke Night Run: 

“Good Morning

I just wanted to let you know our position regarding the Bunker Night Run in two weeks. I have been monitoring the government advice and also that of the States of Jersey and have been hoping in my heart of hearts that this would play out and things would blow over in time for the race.

I think it is now time to accept that this is probably not going to happen and in light of this I have decided to postpone this race to June 5th 2020 which was the date earmarked for the Val De La Mare night race. Hopefully this will give us enough time for the Coronavirus events to play out and for some kind of normality to return. I will of course keep on monitoring the guidance and advice with the ultimate goal of your health and wellbeing being the priority as well as minimising the risk of spreading this virus.

You have the following options:

1 – You can defer entry to this date of 5th June or:
2 – You can defer entry price to any other Trail Monkey Event in 2020 or 2021

Please bear with us in these crazy times, obviously in an ideal world the race would go ahead in two weeks, but due to the severity off this situation that none of us predicted even a couple of weeks ago we are in a different world. We are a small business and will make this right to each and every one of you I can assure you and as well as this I will definitely be organising some more social events once we are back up and running and back to some semblance of normality

What to do next

Please email me by return email and let me know what you would like to do and I will then update my records and send acknowledgement of your decision.

Thanks and please let me know if you have any queries or concerns relating to this

Stay Safe

Paul Burrows”

March 17th 2020:

We have taken the steps of cancelling the weekly running classes for the foreseeable future due to the current health circumstances. England Athletics have issued guidance to say that that all face-to-face activity such as club training sessions, events, competitions, club committee and face-to-face meetings, athlete camps, running groups and social events should be suspended until at least the end of April.

As Leaders in Running Fitness we are insured by England Athletics to do the weekly sessions and so feel that it is right that we follow their guidance in this instance relating to the group runs.

In relation to the upcoming races, namely the Batterie Moltke Night Run (April 3rd), the Winter Trail Series Race 4 (April 19th), Race One of the Canaccord Corporate Cup (April 22nd) and The Double Top (May 2nd) we are monitoring the Jersey Sports guidance on how we should proceed with these. We are keen to go ahead, with the right precautions being taken, but will yield to any guidance to the contrary from Jersey Sport or the States of Jersey. Rest assured that we will monitor the situation closely and communicate as and when these situations change. We will also provide alternative arrangements to put these races on when the crisis has passed should the need arise. 

March 12th 2020:

With the rapidly changing global environment, Trail Monkey understand that these are anxious, unpredictable times. We wanted to take a moment just to provide some clarity on our position regarding the upcoming races we have in the next few weeks.

We have been actively monitoring the Coronavirus, COVID-19, and planning since January. We are monitoring the local Health and Government websites and will follow all recommended safety and health measures to protect the interests of everyone involved in the community and the event.

With a negligible amount of confirmed cases in Jersey at this time, at this time, the race taking place this weekend at Jardin D’Olivet is still set to go ahead.

As runners, we are all part of a great community here in Jersey and I am sure that together we will get through this. We would ask you all to be vigilant, to refrain from taking part in a race if you have flu-like symptoms, and to follow general hygiene guidelines in respect of washing hands and the catching of coughs etc.

We promise to keep you updated as we navigate this ever-changing situation.

Thanks for your support

Paul and the Trail Monkey Team”

%d bloggers like this: